Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hotelfrau

I've been out of town for the last ten days, visiting Portland, Oregon (with five days of driving through other states of the union about which the less is said, the better [I'm talking to you, Wyoming]). I had thought I might blog from the hotel, but when it said "free wifi," it failed to include the phrase "that is so slow and unreliable that you may consider jumping out the window; oh, wait, we forgot to mention that the windows of the rooms don't open." In fact, the wifi at the hotel was so erratic that it made me concerned about the effectiveness of the free condoms they so thoughtfully provided with the toiletries.

At any rate, I'm glad to be back in my own poorly-kept house, surrouned by my own personal filth. It's nice to think that I can at least trace the origins of the stains around here.

The exciting news is that I'll soon be frauing a different house--we rented a place in Portland.

I'll keep you posted as the packing nightmare commences.

2 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

Oh, Oregon! You lucky state.
I am looking forward to all of your adventures with painting and new stove and all the glories of new grocery stores. Think of all the produce and fish!
Ohhhh...
~Mom~

3:27 PM  
Blogger Housefrau said...

Rutabaga. Trout. This is going to a whole new world.

Rich, you must tell more of this mysterious rutabega and what on earth you did with it.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?