Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hey, have you heard about this amazing new product?!

Baking soda. WOW.

My pan is clean! What is this astonishing substance? Wikipedia informs us that it is sodium bicarbonate, and that it has over 100 uses. It then goes on to list those uses, which grows rather tiresome, but leaves us with fascinating information such as:

Baking soda can be used to make crack! Boy, making crack from everyday household products seems like a great way to pick up some spare mad money. Unfortunately, as Wikipedia also tells us, one also needs cocaine to make crack, and I don’t have any of that. Sigh. Guess I’d better stick to making meth out of children’s cough syrup.

One of the uses in Wikipedia’s list simply reads, “facial scrub.” Huh. That seems like a terrible idea.

We also learn that “a small amount (1tsp) can be added to a beef stew to make tough meat tenderize faster. (however, this is no substitute for just stewing the meat for more time)” [sic all over the place on that quote.]
That’s right, y’all. Don’t you try to pull the wool over my eyes. If you don’t have what it takes to just stew that meat until it is done gone and stewed, you may as well give it up. A good housefrau avoids superficial shortcuts.

Well, this particular disaster has had a happy ending. Baking soda fixed my pan (along with, like, two hours of scrubbing), dinner was had, all is well.

Now I’m off to ponder today’s housefrau problem: Dinner should be ready in half an hour, but I haven’t started it because I’m not hungry, having eaten lunch twenty minutes ago. And lunch was a jar of hot fudge.

Maybe I’ll luck out and discover that the LP also ate a jar of fudge at quarter to five, and will be delighted that I didn’t grill the salmon.

That seems plausible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

Baking soda is ever so helpful!
You saved pan! Yeah!
Mom

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?