Thursday, May 04, 2006

Welcome to My World

I quit my job.

Now I’m at home.

aaaaaaaaaaaaall daaaaaaaaaaaaaay loooooooooooooooooong.

There are a variety of domestic activities at which I’ve never excelled. Cooking, cleaning, ironing, sewing, not cutting myself, killing spiders, and owning aluminum foil are some of these things. I have ended two different relationships when the man I was dating bought me foil.

But now that I have some time on my hands and I seem to have contented myself with only writing ten pages of My Brilliant Novel, I thought I might throw myself into all things housey. After all, I’m against marriage and against having children, so I might as well do something with my pent-up uterus juice.

And I thought I’d write a blog about it. Because life doesn’t exist if the world’s not watching.

So, hello, world. Welcome to my little life. I have a wonderful lifepartner and I run a magazine. I once caught a pair of socks on fire in the microwave.

Perhaps I’ll update this blog constantly. More likely, sporadically until I get bored with it in a week. Hooray for the internets!

PS—Hi Mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hon,
Foil is evil,
Love,
Mom

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?